Composite Manhole Covers: The Next Step in Manhole Protection
Due to reports or cases of accidents, injuries and even deaths caused by cast iron manhole covers is the birth of the composite manhole cover. It is designed to be safe, cheaper and eco-friendly.
What is Composite Manhole Cover?
This type of cover is formulated with two or more materials with different chemical and physical characteristics. The main materials used are unsaturated polyester resins, fiberglass, and trasys combined with other additives. Its combination provides unique properties.
Types of Composite Manhole Covers
● FRP or GRP Manhole Covers: It is made up of glass fiber, quartz, polyester resin and other additives and known for its good surface and high load resistance.
● BMC Manhole Covers: It is known for being cost-friendly and very simple. It is made up of polyester resins, calcium carbonate, glass fiber, steel bars and trasys.
● SMC Manhole Covers: It is created with polyester resins, calcium carbonate, additive, glass fiber and trasys. It has a smooth surface and can resist a large amount of load.
The Next Step In Manhole Protection
Are you thinking of switching to composite manhole covers? Here are some more reasons why you should.
● Eliminate Lid Theft: It does not have any scrap value. Cast iron and metals are the targets of the thieves which can be found on Metal Manhole and Cast Iron Manhole. Eliminate lid theft and falling of vehicles, people or animals in the hole by switching to composite manhole covers.
● Reduce the infiltration, inflow, and odor in sewers: This cover helps reduce the required energy to pump excess water to the treatment plant. It is also designed to provide better sealing to control odors which are also ideal for both commercial and residential areas.
● Traffic Rated: It is designed to carry 30% more of the current loading capacity of USA weight limits. It is standardized according to the “Full H20 or H-20 Fully Traffic Rated” and “AASHTO M-306”.
● Perfect for Corrosive Settings: The better sealing design of composite manhole covers makes it ideal for commercial, collection systems, industrial treatment plants and sewers.
● Radio and AMR Frequency Signal: It allows the signal to be transmitted from the cover with no interference, making it easier for monitoring devices, telemetry, transmitters or SCADA to be used. Unlike the cast iron type, it doesn’t require antennas, special lids, cover drilling or adapters.
● NonConductive cover: As a requirement of other utilities like electrical and Telco, composite manhole rings and lids are non-conductive. You can also have non-conductive manholes for railings, platforms and fiberglass ladders.
● Safe and Hazard Risks: Injuries due to installation, maintenance or replacement are reduced since has a lighter weight. Reports of injuries due to damaged lids are also decreasing.
Composite Save Your Money
The composite manhole cover is durable, lightweight and safe. Therefore, the labor and equipment costs for installation, maintenance, and replacement are reduced. You can also save money as it only needs cleaning and clearing of mold, rot, and moss as a maintenance.
With all the advantages mentioned above, switching from cast iron or metal cover to composite manhole cover is a smart move. We cater different regions in the USA, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Frequently asked questions
No. Designed in Texas. Made in China
Yes, 5 years. No hassle
Yes. Tested and proven
Yes. 4 X 316 SS Bolts
It eliminates water going in and stops sewage water from gushing out
Yes, by means of gaskets and bolts
“We highly recommend
SuperCover as the supplier for
HS-25 Load Rated HD Composite
“We have sold hundreds of SuperCover composite manhole covers from our warehouse, to multiple cities and contractors with no issues.”
“It is a very durable and cost-effective product that keeps our manholes in a safer condition when needed for service.”
“SuperCover composites have reduced our staff’s injuries and workman’s compensation associated with prying open fused manhole covers.