Five Key Benefits of Composite Manhole Rings
In the past, the only option for manhole covers was heavy and expensive cast iron. While cast iron is very durable, this type of manhole cover has its flaws. Thankfully now there is an alternative to cast iron manhole covers, and you just might be surprised when you see what it is. Composite manhole rings are becoming very popular these days with cities and counties utilities around the country. The private sector is starting to take notice as well. But why are so many people now turning to this type of manhole cover? Today we will learn more about the benefits of composite manhole rings and how they can help you achieve your goals.
Top Five Benefits of Composite Manhole Rings
1. Composite manhole rings offer water-tight solutions: Unlike traditional manhole covers that often leak when it rains, composite manhole rings are water-tight. This will help reduce the need to pump out the manhole allowing work to begin right away. Also, being water-tight means air-tight. By having manhole rings that can be completely sealed will also reduce the risk of bad smells from getting out.
2. Composite manhole rings offer light-weight options: Cast iron manhole covers are very heavy which can cause injury if not handled properly. Composite manhole rings are made from durable materials that are also very light-weight. This allows them to be put into place by just one person with ease which will reduce the chance of injury. The cost of an on the job injury can be very high and the downtime you will be faced with will be very expensive. So why not avoid injury altogether?
3. They help reduce theft: When scrap metal prices are on the rise so is the theft of manhole covers. Because many of them are made out of cast iron, thieves are targeting them for some quick cash. By replacing these metal covers with composite ones, the risk of theft can disappear completely. This is a huge benefit that many people may have never considered before but now times are changing.
4. Composite covers can be used in corrosive environments: Often times manhole covers rust in corrosive environments. Even seasonal road salt can cause a metal cover to rust. Over time this can become a serious problem. Instead, why not replace those metal covers with composite covers that can handle the most corrosive environments without issue?
5. They reduce cost: Composite manhole rings are hands down much cheaper than traditional cast iron covers. Depending on your needs, this can greatly reduce the cost of your overall budget which is always a plus.
Switch to Composite Manhole Rings Today
If you have a new project coming up or you need to replace your current manhole covers, why not go with composites manhole covers? Not only will they last longer, they are much easier to remove and replace as well. You will never have to worry about them in corrosive environments and they cost much less to purchase. So why not move your operations into the future by purchasing composite manhole rings today?
Frequently asked questions
No. Designed in Texas. Made in China
Yes, 5 years. No hassle
Yes. Tested and proven
Yes. 4 X 316 SS Bolts
It eliminates water going in and stops sewage water from gushing out
Yes, by means of gaskets and bolts
“We highly recommend
SuperCover as the supplier for
HS-25 Load Rated HD Composite
“We have sold hundreds of SuperCover composite manhole covers from our warehouse, to multiple cities and contractors with no issues.”
“It is a very durable and cost-effective product that keeps our manholes in a safer condition when needed for service.”
“SuperCover composites have reduced our staff’s injuries and workman’s compensation associated with prying open fused manhole covers.