The composite manhole covers which are also known as FRP manhole covers are the widely acclaimed ones. These are replacing the traditional iron made or the cast iron ones. These are used for the normal sewage systems and also in the industrial areas. There are possible reasons why they are becoming more and more popular.
Here are the top 10 reasons for using Composite Manhole Covers:
• It is seen that the cast iron manhole covers get stolen every other day which is alarming. However, the composite manhole covers are less stolen since they do not have any sale value, hence the thefts are taken care of.
• Now that the cast iron manhole covers are stolen it is raising the chances of accidents where human or even animals fall inside the manholes are raining in leaps and bounds. The vehicles also affected by these thefts. The composite manhole covers which do not have sale value are putting a check in cases of the thefts and at the same time is putting a check to the incidental accidents.
• The traditional cast iron manhole covers are very heavy and while there are any repairing works going on, the laborers get injured by the heavy manhole covers. The lighter composite manhole covers are easier to be removed and hence the injury rate is also decreasing.
• Many times it is seen that the cast iron manhole covers are difficult to be kept in place and not much action can be taken so that they are kept under lock and key. This results the manhole covers being blown away while the composite covers fit perfectly and are not misplaced by thieves, this result in proper protection and the safety of children and other elder section of the society are taken care of.
• In case there is any repairing done, the time consumption is less since the men do not have to spend much time to remove the cover and this is because the composite manhole covers are lighter in weight and it is easy to remove the cover and get the repairing done.
• Infiltration of the sewages and dirty waters seeps out in the case of the traditional cast iron cover since they are loosely fitted. Hence, the whole process of sewage systems is disturbed. While the composite covers have tighter grip and so the sewage system is much neater and the unhealthy atmosphere caused due to using the cast iron manhole covers can be negated. This one of the top 10 reasons for using composite manhole covers.
• The manholes which are made of iron and cast iron are more open to corrosion where as the composite manhole covers are rust proof and long lasting.
• The traditional iron or cast iron manholes are even risky since they are prone to electrical hazards in case there are any repairing works are conducted and it should be noted that the composite manhole covers does not have this hazard.
• Out of the top 10 reasons for using composite manhole covers allows automatic meter reading and this allows a proper monitoring of the sewage system which does not happen if it’s covered by the cast iron covers.
• The composite manhole cover allows cost curtailing the maintenance cost and that is why the cast iron covers are being replaced by the composite covers.